A One Planet Living Community
Marrick & Co will be more than just a place to live. Positioned in the heart of Marrickville’s urban playground, it will be a space designed for connection, progressive thinking and creativity. Marrick & Co will be a One Planet Living community bringing to life a vision for a world where people can live happy, healthy, and more sustainable lives.
One Planet living is a vision for the world where it’s attractive and affordable for people to live within their fair share of the earth’s resources. With sustainability fundamental to its design, Marrick & Co is the first project in NSW to be recognised by Bioregional Australia as a One Planet Living Community.
Life at Marrick & Co comes with many opportunities to live more consciously:
- Free fitness classes five days a week on The Common at Marrick & Co for the next year. Classes began on Wednesday 28 August 2019 and run from Monday to Friday during school terms. Live Life Get Active run the classes and you can find out more here.
- A private ‘kitchen garden’ complete with worm farms and compost bins, which will give residents the chance to grow their own food
- Opportunities for residents to embrace ‘collaborative consumption’ through the kitchen garden and book-swap shelving
- An online community portal allowing residents to connect and form interest groups
- Dedicated car share bays on-site, and provision for electric car charging points